- tape cords to floor/secure to wall
- organize books and junk on tables
- clean tables and shelves and board, etc...
- bring needed bins from old room
- place big bins on ledge
- print out rules/consequences and make posters for display
- make signs for cougar cards
- request and organize team supplies
- make and hang team number signs over tables
- finish covering tin cans with polka dot tape
- stick curtains to window/carts/shelf
- hang bulletin board and periodic table
- decorate 8 bulletin boards [scientifically speaking, scientist of the week, science fair]
- hang banner above door
- decorate door ???
- hang string/clothes pins on outside wall and blank wall in class for student work display
- make homework and i can signs for white board
- finish updating website [www.tinyurl.com/jnaccio]
- update welcome power point and convert to flip chart
- play with activ board [gotta have some fun somehow!]
- write lesson plans
- move important binders to shelf behind teacher cart
- run off needed materials
- make inside covers for yellow folders
- edit test folder/conduct sheets
Thursday, July 28, 2011
My name is The Science Diva and I'm a Procrastination Junkie!
Wow....where has summer gone???? Right now I am sitting in my big comfy chair in my house instead of working in my classroom that so desperately needs it! Just look at this mess:
Is it a lack of motivation? No. Is it a profound sense of laziness? No, not really. Well what is it you ask? I really can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's that I'm so used to procrastinating that I have to feel rushed to get it done and feel good about it. THAT'S IT...I'm a procrastination junkie!!!! I know I have to clean it...it is very dusty and grimy in there. The chairs are around the tables, not on top any more. BUT, the tables are piled HIGH with stuff I don't want to just shove anywhere and will probably just get rid of because I haven't used it in years! I've already gotten rid of a file cabinet and the junk in it, some carts, a chair, and even a metal cabinet that I used to store my fun stuff in.... I DON'T WANT THE CLUTTER!
But now, here I sit blogging in my big comfy chair exactly 1 week before I have to report for duty to sit all day and listen and learn. I guess my derrier will be up with the roosters tomorrow so I can get in there and knock something off of this LOOOOONG list of things that still need to be done:
OMG....25+ THINGS TO DO!!!! I do believe that is all I can think of for now...WHEW.....all I know is that once I am done I will blog about it and post pics and things I find from my school computer that are SCIENCE DIVA CERTIFIED!